navinavi

May 16, 2011

Of Montreal in Hollywood

Have you ever heard about a band called Of Montreal? David and I hadn't until very recently and this Saturday we had the chance to see their show at The Avalon in Hollywood.





The club is pretty big and nice and we were lucky to find some seats on the first floor, so we had a perfect view of the stage.


As for the band, what can I say? They put up a real show. It was amazing to see so many musicians and performers on stage! It's not only about their music, it's about their show.


As soon as the band went on stage, I understood why many fans in the line were wearing so many bright colors. And yes, there were wrestlers, haha.


There were many costume changes and things going on as the band peformed.



Some of the characters were scary :/. And there were people in their undies, too, hehe.


This picture below reminds me of David Lynch's Inland Empire. Has anybody seen this film? Do you remember those creepy bunnies on stage? That's what I'm talking about. Scariest movie ever! I don't why I found it so disturbing ... And isn't it funny that I live in Ontario, part of Inland Empire??!! :O Brrrr!


Anyway, Of Montreal's show was far from scary; it was great! And they don't even do the kind of music David and I typically listen to. They're touring in the USA and Europe; go check them out if you can, it was worth every penny (and their show is very affordable).

Have a wonderful week! :D

7 comments:

Giselle S. said...

Nice pictures Miki! :) I'm glad you both had fun!

Hugs!
G

Rosie said...

wowww that looks so exciting Miki!
im so jealous.
:D
Rosie xo

Lauren said...

Ahh, your dress is so cute! And that show looks mad, haha! x

Nena Nadine said...

What fun. I love Of Montreal. My favorite album of his is Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer.

Nena Nadine said...

Oh, and everything David Lynch does is scary. But somehow so beautiful.

T. said...

Haha! I like them and this looks like it was tons of fun!

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

i love of montreal! i haven't seen them since 2006/7. and they were awesome then! they used to be one of my favorite bands!