navinavi

May 09, 2011

Bar hopping in Pasadena

If you know me well, you surely know that I love drinks, both girlish colorful ones as well as more manly strong ones :p. Last Saturday, we went to Pasadena with a couple of David's friends and we combined two of my favorite things: drinks + Pasadena.


Pasadena is a very cool place to visit, similar to some parts of Hollywood (kind of), but cleaner and quieter. There are a lot of nice stores and hidden little bars and restaurants like the following.





Look at these candy apples! Aren't they cute? :D I was supposed to buy a monkey apple before we left, but I totally forgot about it :(.



As for our drinking tour, we started off at The Yard House. I had a pomegranate martini and a tequila.



We then walked a few blocks and went to a Mexican bar called IxTapa where we had some more tequilas, including pepper ones! :p




Later on, we stopped at Buca di Beppo and I had a drink called wildberry mojito, I think.




There was a long waiting list in the Japanese restaurant we wanted to have dinner at, so we killed some time going into some nice stores.



This candy shop sells vintage looking sodas and candy. I couldn't help bringing some mints home; they come in silver cans with the Union Jack :).






When we were finally called, we had dinner (and sake) at Gyu-Kaku.




We closed the night with some yummy smores in the same restaurant.


It was a pretty intense weekend! Next Saturday, we're going to Hollywood to see a show in a club. I'm already looking forward to it! :D

Hope you all had a great weekend, too and a greater start to the week! ;)

9 comments:

Scorpio78 said...

Candy apples, Yuuuuummmyyyyyy!
Tasty drinks, I´m thirstyyyyy!
What Envy!

Rosie said...

wow! this looks amazing!
the monkey apples are so cute ^_^
i personally hate tequila, but i love the other drinks! :D
looks like sooo much fun ^_^
Rosie xo

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Aww I want a monkey apple or a panda one. Plus some smores!!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Lindsey said...

Woah, looks like an awesome day! From your pictures, Pasadena looks like quite a nice place to take a relaxing stroll. Very charming :]

Chrissy said...

Wow, how fun!! Everything looks great! Love the candy apples!
Have a wonderful day!! xxx

Coquis said...

This one goes in "Argie slang"... Feel free to mistranslate it to anyone who asks!
La pedolina que te habrás agarrado con todos esos tragos, Miki! Me causó gracia una parte en la que pusiste "I think" para ese entonces no estarías segura ni de tu nombre, no? Porque por más nombre frutal que tengan o gajito decorativo que les pongan, seguramente tenían su buena graduación!! jeje
A tu salud entonces! Hip!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

That sounds like such a fun night! I also love going out (or staying in!) for drinks. :)

T. said...

There were so many things I was going to say but I got totally distracted by S'Mores!!!

Nena Nadine said...

What a fun day. I never herd of alot of those drinks. I have my few I just order all the time. How boring of me.