navinavi

April 05, 2011

Unusual housewares

Yeah, I can't help myself. I guess I enjoy finding silly stuff on the internet ... or, let me rephrase this, I need to get a life (better yet, a real job; you know, one which pays a salary and offers perks. Damn you paperwork!). Anyway, on to today's post!

Moustache jumbo magnet
Do you want to hear a funny story? On David's last visit to Buenos Aires, we bought quite a few things for our house; among which are some cute magnets for our fridge. As soon as he arrived home, he tried the magnets but they never stuck on the fridge doors (he had to stick them on one side). OK, it wasn't a funny story; sorry about that.




A cutting board for left brainers
I guess this would make a perfect gift for someone who has OCD, hehe.



 Cooking for geeks book
The perfect complement to the previous item!



The polar ice bucket
This peculiar ice bucket is meant to remind us of the current effects of global warming. As the ice cubes on top melt, the arctic tundra below becomes submerged from the dripping.



Break soap
I don't know if you like it, but you can't deny this is some very hygienic soap! It's perfect for a public restroom.






Tetris sugar cubes
Not much to say about this. They're sugar cubes shaped like tetris pieces, haha.



Indelicate doilies
To be used as coasters. They're funny and you don't need to buy these, you can just write whatever you want with a marker.



Teacup cupcake molds
Don't you get all sticky after removing the paper baking cups off your cupcake? Well, you can get these silicone molds and eat them without having to do that.



... Damn it! Now I'm craving cupcakes :/ ...

Hope you're all having a nice week! :D

Hugs!

9 comments:

Chrissy said...

Those are some great finds! I love that soap - love the idea of trying to avoid germs...I am all for avoiding germs! I never touch doorknobs in public...I always push the door with my arm covered in my sleeve...yeah, I'm that kinda freak!! haha

Nena Nadine said...

Those coasters are hilarious. I don't know what it is about bacon I don't like. I keep trying it thinking I'll change my mind. But I never do.

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Oh so many things I want! the moustache magnet, the cupcake teacup, the doilies and the sugar cubes! All so fun! Bet your house is looking really cool!
Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Devi Pope said...

Hmmm... Who do we know with OCD? Hehe!

amy said...

Everything is a gem! Great post..

I sincerely love the indelicate doilies. So charming. I can see placing them at a dinner party and watching the reactions from the guests.

Love your blog truly x following


kisses,
amy !
www.amyflyingakite.com

Rosie said...

ahhh i love ALL of these things. especially.. all of them! :O
Rosie xo

Jaclyn said...

I love cool house products like that. The soap is such a neat idea

Strawberry Freckleface said...

Love all of this!! That break soap? Genius.

strawberry freckleface

little t said...

I love this post- the moustache and the chopping board are the best!!