navinavi

April 10, 2011

Crystal clear

I chose this title for the current post for three different (and great!) reasons ;).


1.- Today was the first time in years that I went to the ophthalmologist (shame on me! I know) and it was the first time ever that I tried on contact lenses! It's been 10 years since I stopped wearing glasses with the right gradation. Why? Well, as stupid as it may sound, I have really bad eyesight and didn't want to have very thick glasses. At some point, I figured I'd stop adding up the higher gradation not to make my glasses look even worse (or my eyes smaller; I'm myopic).

I can't tell you how different the world looks through my "new eyes"! :D It's like living a new life. I really can't believe it took me so long to resort to contacts.


2.- It was a beautiful day and we got to spend it in Carbon Canyon Regional Park. We went hiking and enjoyed the landscape. I had lots of fun there! :P




There are several shelters and a playground. It's a great place to have a barbecue, ride bikes, go hiking and just lazing about.






3.- Lastly, and most importantly, it's crystal clear that I am truly in love with my husband <3. He spoils me and takes care of me like nobody else has. I know he is my other half and I'll be forever grateful for having met him and sharing my life with him. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have him and I'll always try to make it up to him.




Hope you're having an awesome weekend, too! ;D

11 comments:

Bethany Kellen said...

your hike looks amazing! i love hiking. looks like a wonderful way to spend a day!

Hello Naka said...

u look great :3 and i lvoe the scenery! i wanna to try on prescription contact lenses but im scared when i had an appointment someone came in becuase there contact lense broke in their eye D:

Rose said...

It looks lovely there! I love going to places like this with Mikey too.
I should wear my glasses but unfortunately dont. Its pretty embarrasing at work when people wave to me in the distance and I dont know who they are :/ and i somehow pull strange faces squinting trying t work out their facial features lol

Rose

Laura said...

Beautiful park. Lovely photos! Glad you got contacts so that you can see more clearly now. :)

Laura :)

Chrissy said...

Oh, I am so happy for you, sweet Miki! So glad you got your contacts and it makes such a difference! And I am so happy for you for having such a great partner and so much fun!!! xxx

Nena Nadine said...

The park looks so beautiful. I'm pretty sure for the first time in my life I need glasses. I started to notice this over a month ago. I won't mind wearing them. I just don't know if we can afford a visit to the eye doctor to get them. For now were gonna get some over the counter ones and see how that works for me. Have a nice day!

Coquis said...

What a lovely couple!
It's so good to know you're doing so well and spending time together in such a beautiful place :)
Greetings from Burzaco City

Rosie said...

ohh thats so great that you got contacts with the right grade! :D
it must be like seeing everything anew.
looks like so much funnnnn <33
and awww looks like your very much in love ^.^
such a lovely couple you make!
Rosie xo

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Awww you have to bet the sweetest person ever! I have contacts I just dont like to wear them that often. I did wear them today but only so I could wear my sunglasses!

Giselle S. said...

The last picture is awesome, you both look great!! :)
x
G

Lindsey said...

You guys are just too cute, this is a really sweet post to read <3

I wear contacts all the time, but the good thing is the technology has improved so lenses aren't a thick as they used to be now. I've thought about saving up for lasik surgery too, since it's gone down in price quite a bit as well.