navinavi

March 23, 2011

You may say I'm a weirdo

It's not that I like making a mess or love clutter; but wherever I go I can't help displaying my "junk" all over the place. I was (kind of) determined not to gather junk here in my new home, but ... I'm afraid I've started doing it already :/.

Can you guess what this is? It's a pile of envelopes, you can see that. But can you tell what's inside each envelope?


It's the complete alphabet. And each envelope contains a whole bunch of letters I cut from magazines and leaflets.


Do you want to see a couple?



I love typography and making collages, so it's more practical to have the letters sorted this way. Now, not only do I cut spare letters, I also keep nice words in a different envelope.



... and complete phrases, too.


Oh, I almost forget to mention that I also keep tags, wrapping paper, pieces of carboard, you name it. And this is nothing compared to the bundle I left in Argentina!


I wish I had brought all my crafting supplies (?), but that's ok ... I can always start a new collection here, haha.

Is there anything you do that other people find weird?

Hope you're all having a great week! :D

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

It's not weird at all! I think it's absolutely amazing and creative! You are so inspiring and what a great idea!!! I think I will start doing the same thing...cut out words and phrases for my scrapbooking...ha, thanks girl!!! Hugs xxx

Rose said...

Wowzers! You have collections like no other. I love the idea of collecting nice words.
Hrmmm what do I collect...clothes, jewellery, earrings - not that I collect them but I just have heaps :)
I use to collect stamps and coins when I was a kid, I still have them somewhere!

Rose

Emily Dove said...

I think I said before I collect bits of ribbon?! People think that's strange. Still have no use for it yet! Thinking about sticking them all into a book, but I'm scared incase I wanna use them! I used to be a terrible collector of useless stuff. Or stuff from places I'd been like beer mats, even sweet wrappers! I'm not that bad anymore, but I still tend to get attached to stuff I'll never use! Think since I started living with my husband I've had to cut it all down, as he's a hoarder too!

I've moved my blog: emilydove.blogspot.com, I hope you'll come and visit me or I'll miss you terribly!!!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

How clever! I think it's almost impossible for crafters not to accumulate junk - I will often throw things away in a fit of hating clutter, only to immediately regret it when I have a great idea for something that ended up in the trash! Oh well!

Rosa and Carlotta: Illustrated-Moodboard said...

looks like something i would do :P you're not weird at all!

xx
House of Harlow 1960 GIVEAWAY at Illustrated-Moodboard

Rosie said...

thats not weird at all!
i love making collages out of that kind of thing :)
i have a complete set of pokemon cards - now THATS weird ;)

Rosie xo

Devi Pope said...

Get your hands?

daisymay aka Chantele said...

I don't think your a weirdo, I think your an utter genius. It all looks so fun and quite practical. I may have to try doing this when I move to the new place it will be a good use of my old magazines!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Cupcake Couture said...

Love this...so cool and a good way of keeping them all. x

Jazzabelle said...

you are so organized! what a lovely idea, miki. do you read this blog? http://pookie-shoegal.blogspot.com/ if not, i think you will really like it! :)

thank-you for your lovely comments, by the way. xx

rebecca said...

love love love!!! You are so organized :)