navinavi

March 22, 2011

What's up with my eye shadow?

First and foremost, I want to thank you all for your sweet comments on my previous post! I really appreciate it! :D

Today I was supposed to go on a little undercover mission at the library, hehe, but there were so many eyes on me that I couldn't do a thing! Let's see if I can do it tomorrow ;). Anyways, since I'm already here, I have a question to ask you: do you think I overdo my eye shadow?

Why am I asking such a silly question? You must be wondering. Well, this morning, while I was waiting for the library to open, there was this young (and weird looking) man; he approached me and we had some sort of strange conversation ... I'll transcribe the dialog.

"I like your eyeshadow!", the weird boy said with a funny smirk on his face.
"Hahaha! Thank you," I replied.
"Where are you from?" he asked.
"I'm from Argentina,"I said.
"But you look Asian!" he retorted.
"Hahaha! Well, my dad's Japanese; that's why," I explained.
"But you look Asian ..."
Nothing too amusing, I know, but I want to focus on the first statement. Does my make up stand out too much? I'm only asking because this is actually the second time someone brings it up. A few weeks ago, while I was at David's brother's house, his two nieces were creating an avatar of me in the Wii. They were about to finish making me, when David's 6 year-old niece, said, "Wait! I want to put the blue eye shadow!". Hahaha! :). I thought that was so cute of her!

So, let's see ... I took this picture this morning after running into the strange boy.


And then this one once I got home because you can't see much in the picture above.


In your opinion, am I overdoing the eye shadow? I'm sorry for this so uninteresting post, but I'm curious, ha.

Hope you all have a nice day! ;)

8 comments:

Rose said...

I use to wear eyeshadow every day and I always use to wear it so you could just see it at the top when my eyes were fully open. Now I just wear it occasionally.
Theres nothing wrong with wearing it higher up towards your eyebrows, just personal preference I think :) I think your looks fine, if you wanted to make it more descreet you could try not putting it up so high.
Im curious what does your top say?

Rose

Lindsey said...

I like the way it looks! I'm thinking that guy was probably looking for a way to approach you and blabbed that out.

Laura said...

I think looks good! I agree about it being personal preference regarding how high you put it on.

No worries! :)

Laura

Chrissy said...

I don't think so! It looks cute! Maybe he really just looked for a way to talk to you! haha
I love your hair...looking gorgeous!!
Hugs xxx

SabinePsynopsis said...

Looking good! And to weird boy you could have said: 'Don't worry, both starts with an A.'

Fin Ryder said...

If you feel self conscious about it, try a lighter shade and see how that strikes you. However, I think you can pull off the high up eyeshadow quite nicely - I have yet to master that look :P

Gale said...

It's noticeable but, in my opinion, it's definitely not too much. I agree with the others, he was just trying to find anyway to speak to you haha. Your so pretty btw:)

Nena Nadine said...

Not to much at all. It's your style. And I like it.