navinavi

March 27, 2011

Vintage clothes galore in Melrose Av, Hollywood

This weekend we headed for Hollywood once again, but this time, we walked all over Melrose Avenue. I think this is my favorite place so far. There're lots of vintage stores and cool clothing stores, as well as bars and restaurants. Here's a selection of the spots that caught my eye.

American Vintage is one of the first stores we went to. They have a respectable selection of items, but it's too cramped in there. And one of the employees burped right when we were walking past the teller ...






A block away there's Wasteland. My favorite section was the vintage shoes one!






There's another store called American Vintage which was probably the biggest and my favorite one.











There are many colorful and appealing stores and street art on Madison Avenue.














We caught a band jamming at Goorin Bros., a hat store.




We stopped at a pub for drinks where they played "Alright" by Supergrass. It reminded me of the old days when Val and I would go to Brit pop parties and listened to our favorite bands :).




We then did some more window shopping and later went to Little Tokyo. I'm afraid I've already posted too many pictures, so no Little Tokyo pics here.









Hope you all had a great weekend, too! ;)

Alright - Supergrass from Fabiana Honorato on Vimeo.

8 comments:

Rose said...

Oh my gosh!!! Looks very awesome. I would be in shopping heaven :)
I love the look of the white brown dress in the second photo and all the shoes. Is everything really expensive? Vintage here in SOuth Australia is so costly :S

Rose

Hello Naka said...

i wanna go! some many differenty shops! I love ur black dress :3 and the clothes look so divine :3

Glori said...

Wow!! I love vintage clothes :)

Laura said...

Great photos! I remember Melrose Ave. fondly myself. Glad you had such a nice weekend! :)

Rosie said...

omgosh!
sooo jealous.
looks like you had fun!
we dont have many shops like that over here :'(
the shoes look awesome!

Rosie xo :D

Lune Vintage said...

crazy!!! I loved seeing pics of the vintage shops! Thanks for taking them. The window displays were cool - and I love the maniquin on the motorcycle. Totally gave me an idea for a window display at lune. Wish you were close enough to come by our shop too! I'd probably bump into you too, but I'm so big, I'd probably knock you right down at this point! lol

daisymay aka Chantele said...

I am majorly jealous of all the vintage clothing stores you seem to be finding out there! They all look so cool and fun! Bet you have been lusting after lots? Got your eye on anything in specific? Can you email me your new addy again?

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Oh, My Darling said...

Wow, it's like a vintage wonderland!