navinavi

March 14, 2011

San Diego - Pasadena - Hollywood

This weekend we added some mileage to the truck. On Saturday we went to San Diego to attend Lila's first birthday; I was introduced as David's wife for the first time :D and we ate lots of good and colorful food.




On Sunday, we went to Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena. It's held every second Sunday of the month not only in Pasadena but also in a few different locations.



The venue is huge and is full of tents where people sell used objects as well as new ones: clothes, furniture, books, cameras, food, you name it.



These are some of the things I would have liked to bring home with me, but didn't because of their price.







This was probably one of the most popular tents. Look at all those vintage cameras and photography supplies!







We did buy some of these! Five succulents for five bucks. These are the first pots we put in the balcony :).



There were people in cool and unusual outfits, even in roller skates!




We saw a girl exercising outside the venue. Pasadena is beautiful, by the way, a place we'll surely visit again soon.





After the swap meet, we headed to Hollywood. I wanted to go to the vintage store we visited a few weeks ago to buy a shirt I really liked. I didn't have much hope to find it there, but there it was! I tried it on and brought it home with me :).



I love the fact that you can see all sort of things there; things that are not sold in malls.




This is one of the coolest clothing stores ever! Well, for those who like Bettie Page's style and clothes from the 50's. All the dresses and bathing suits are to die for (and pricy!).






I'm really happy about what we did this weekend; I can't wait to see more new places in California! :D

Hope you all start the week with a huge smile, too!

14 comments:

Rosie said...

wow.
looks like sooo much fun!
i would have loved that vintage camera stall :')
and those chairs that were white and shapely looked amazing!
im so jealous of where you live :)
happy monday!
Rosie xox

Oh, My Darling said...

Hooray for the deal on succulents! Also, I was shocked to see that red suitcase -- I have the exact same suitcase (it was my grandma's and she gave it to me as a kid). What wild coincidence!

Laura said...

Ah...I love the Rose Bowl flea market....and Pasadena. Thanks for sharing the pretty photos. Looks like you had a great time. :)

Something cool to see in Pasadena is the Gamble House. If you like architecture and Craftsman houses, this house is amazing! They offer daily tours and the grounds are just beautiful!

Lindsey said...

Ohhh my gosh, take me shopping with you next time haha! So much awesome stuff in these photos *_*

Chrissy said...

Lovely pics! Love going to flea markets! Looks like a lot of fun! And the weather is awesome!
happy Monday! Hugs xxx

Lindsey said...

Aww, unfortunately I am all the way over here in Tennessee! My dad goes to California a lot for work, but I've never had the money to join him. Someday though!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Hey Miki, long time sorry! That market and the Betty Paige Shop look amazing! I so wish I could find somewhere as good as that in the UK. The things you like are so nice, pity they were so expensive.

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

CocoCherie said...

I went to the Pasadena Flea Market on Sunday too! In fact, I was coming over to your blog to write that you should visit Pasadena because it's a beautiful place here in California and I was going to tell you about the Flea Market. It was funny to read, that's where you were. Well, I hope you had a great time there. I sure did:)

jamie said...

aw, this looks like such a great time!! the photos are so pretty! i wouldve love to buy everything there at the flea market! that flea market beats all the flea markets i have here in stockton! p.s i got your package, thanks sooo much dear! i love it sooo much!! i am using the pouch now to hold my sunglasses :) and i plan to use the luggage tag very soon ;) i sent you an emial too btw! muah! i hope all is going well!

Leigh-Ann said...

amazing!!!! i'm craving a thick shopping trip likes this, looks so exciting!!! :)

babalisme said...

Pasadena looks so much fun! esp the flea markets and the sun!

(adoring the blue round luggage bag)

have a nice week!

danniekate said...

nice one, wifey! brilliant snaps, looks like so much fun :) xx

Sweet T. said...

So much fun! That flea market looks amazing! Maybe one day you guys will make a trip to the east coast =) I have done your handwritten tag three times, but I'm still not happy with it...so I'm perfecting it!

Nena Nadine said...

What a wonderful weekend. Does the marriage feel official yet. Don't worry it takes at least a year to. lol. Pasadena sounds like fun. Almost as fun as the name, Pasadena.