navinavi

March 10, 2011

Home decor

I started looking into interior design before leaving Buenos Aires; I compiled cool and simple ideas in order to later apply them in my new home here in California. I saved all the pictures, links and notes in a pendrive and guess what? The pen drive broke and I can't open a single file! What's worse, I can't even find it now. I don't know if I threw it away (I don't think so) or just lost it.

Anyways, I've been wanting to apply some of those ideas in this lovely house (everybody here has been telling me it needs a more feminine touch), but the thing is I love the house as it is! Haha! And, I still don't feel I'm entitled to make any changes. David insists that this is my home and I can do whatever I want, but I've only been living here for a little over a month ... do you know what I mean?

All this circumlocution just to show you some pictures of lovely houses, hehe.

I brought quite a few postcards, scraps and free magazines that I keep in a big drawer. I'd love to display them on the walls like these people did.







I've always loved small tables. They can brighten up any little corner!






Frames can be used in many different ways.







I want to grow my own spices and have pots with small plants and maybe flowers. I like the way these are displayed.






I wouldn't mind having a couple of vintage / retro looking items such as these.






I apologize for the pic overload, but hope you've enjoyed this virtual journey into some of the cutest Argentine homes. :).

Sleep tight!


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those little kitchen corners are just adorable! And greenery is a must have :] Too bad I'm bad at keeping plants alive ;~;

Chrissy said...

Great images, great inspiration!
Hope you find some pieces to give your new home your personal touch!!

Sorry, didn't get to email...promise, tomorrow I will take the time! Love ya! xxx

Nena Nadine said...

I love love love the framed picture with the silhouette of bears having tea in the woods!