navinavi

January 05, 2011

Weddology: Etsy finds

Hello, there! I thought that by this time my life would have come back to normal, but it turns out I’ve been busier than ever getting things settled so I can finally depart. I can’t believe David and I are getting married! :D Can you believe we haven’t seen each other for over a year?! CRAZY! I know!

Regarding our wedding, I think we won’t be doing anything at all. You have no idea how much it costs to get the papers in order, buy a ticket for me and for Dimitri, get important documents stamped so they can be valid abroad, and the list continues ... I guess all girls dream about having a wedding party, and I am no exception, but I can honestly say that right now, the only thing I dream about is starting a life together with my other half. I can’t wait to settle down and marry David. All the rest will be a bonus; if we can hold a party, awesome; but I won’t die if we can’t afford it. AND, we can always have a party a bit later. It won’t be the same, I know, but at least we’ll be able to take some nice pictures to show to our kids in the future.

As for today’s weddology post, I’ve compiled a list of Etsy finds; some of which are quite low-priced ;). So, let's take a look at them!


At USD10 the pair, you can supply your female guests with these practical and comfy shoes so they can dance all night long. High-heels might be elegant but we all know that elegance matters very little when our feet start to itch! You can find them here.

How about these personalized hankies to thank your future in-laws or whoever you want to give thanks to?


I love this Hanging water lantern! You can hang it anywhere or use it as a centerpiece.

Are you a Rockabilly bride? Then you'll love these Rockabilly bridal pumps.


I think I'd like to have a very simple cake and embellish it with some cute cake toppers.



Here are a few things for the newlyweds' house and for the wedding reception, too.



USD224 sounds pretty reasonable for such a cute wedding gown, don't you think?

Looking for sassy knickers? These ones are sexy and cute.


Last but not least, here you have some cool Will you be my bridesmaid/maid of honor cards.


Hope you're all having a great day! ;) I missed you!

14 comments:

zuzi said...

I loved this post...you are going to be such a happy married couple. I'm sending you a virtual hug! (and by the way that penguin topper is totally cute!!!)

Lauren said...

Oh congratulations honey! Im sure just saying those vows will be a dreamy, dream come true! All the best for the big day x

Naila Moon of the Grey Wolf said...

I am so happy for you.
I loved the little signs and the water candle as well.
Peace....Naila Moon

http://imaphotographicgenius.blogspot.com/2011/01/3655-wordless-wed.html

Alice said...

Congratulations, you lucky lady! :) Wishing you all the best! Ps: I'm so in love with the Rockabilly bridal pumps. xx, Alice :*

Frozen Fashion said...

YOu will create the perfect day for you and David whether you can have a party or not.

Two or my dearest friends got married on a beach in Monteray with only the justice of the peace. The two of them....... Then 10 years later, they had a great big wedding in Austrailia where she is from. With both their families there. Plus a few of their friends ( me & my hubby)

So you will have a perfect day and remember it is about all the days after:)

Miki there is so much to love in this post! You have such great taste!

♥♥

Ciao Ciao Bella Donna

Check out my Give Away @
http://hotfreezingfashion.blogspot.com/
Sharing Lots of Love n Fun!
♥♥

Nena Nadine said...

I did my wedding on the super cheap. And I planed it all in 3 months. Definitely not my dream wedding. But I will say that their are so many wonderful things you can do without breaking the bank. The only thing I broke the bank on was the dress. I could of went way cheaper on it but it was a stress filled spur of the moment, f-u fiance for putting me threw this dress. It sure did make me feel good. Sure, I would change things about it if I had more time. But I still would of done it on the cheap. I really enjoyed the back yard wedding. Cuz in the end all you need is your closest friends and family having a good time. And dancing!

One last thing. We did the candles in mason jars. We put about an inch of sand and a battery operated tea light in it (I was worried about fires). Then we hung from wire in the trees around the yard. I highly recommend it.

Chrissy said...

I am super happy for you! And I am sure you will have an perfect wedding with or without party!

I really like those bridesmaid shoes! And the cards with the little bunting are so cute!

Hugs & Love xxx

kenzie said...

oh gawsh! HOW FUN. its almost enough to make me go find some random stranger to marry me. except....not.
:) i especially like the cake toppers. a-dor-a-ble.

narashka said...

congtrats!:)

Hello Naka said...

:D I missed ur posts too and blog :3 congrats on the visa to USA it sounds so exciting! I hope everything goes great for you and all the best too :)

I lvoe the shoes ^^ I always wreck mine within a few wears though :(

I hope you have a safe journey to the USA aswell!

Bianca J said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments lady :D I am so glad to have stumbled upon your blog via your comments! I have a feeling I'm going to spend sometime scrolling through it. I love the title of your blog too - I like the idea of an online scrapbook :D
Take care miss xo

Roz said...

I wish all lots of happiness when you are married! And my favourite item here are the first shoes - they remind me of ballet shoes!
Happy 2011.

http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

Devi Pope said...

Hey, I recognize a certain something from this post. Hehe! By the way...YOU'RE the better half. =P

Oh, My Darling said...

Leave it to etsy to be filled with wedding awesomeness.