navinavi

January 09, 2011

Movie task: The Lake House


I've read the worst reviews on The Lake House, but I don't care. To me it was a fantasy romantic movie and I enjoyed it; plus it was directed by an Argentine director and parts of it where shot in Argentina, so those two facts made it totally worth watching :).

Today's task is connected with this film in that it's about keeping in touch with someone who's far-off; that someone being me. As most of you know, I'm departing from Buenos Aires, Argentina to California, USA. I don't have many friends, to be quite honest, but those few that I do have are practically family to me. Of course, I don't want to leave them behind and I'll write and call as often as possible; but I want them to be able to reach me, too. So, I've finally figured out what to do with my stash of postcards and tags; I made cards with my new contact info :)!

I picked the prettiest postcards and grabbed some of the clothing tags I've been collecting forever.

I also used doililes, stickers, origami paper, glue and other crafting supplies. I chose brown paper bags and ZipLock bags instead of envelopes.

I wrote down my new address, my telephone numbers (David got me a cell phone a while ago and we have a family plan, yay!) and I also wrote the time difference between California and Buenos Aires. I thought that info might come in handy when they want to call me.

Aside from my new contact info, I added some personal messages. I didn't want to write goodbye letters (I hate farewells!) so instead, I wrote a few lines telling my friends and some relatives why I love them so much, and I also included some good wishes :).


I put some of the notes in ZipLock bags and then into brown paper bags. I'm going to mail them like that to the people I probably won't see before I leave and I'll hand in some of them personally.

I know I could have simply sent a massive e-mail with the information, but I wanted to make it more personal and tell my people that I care about them :).

17 comments:

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Aww Miki!! You are too sweet!! These are lovely, I bet your friends and family will be very pleased with them. I liked The Lake House film too, it's not that strong but it is nice and romantic.
I am so glad to be back, and sorry you were worrying about me. All of life just kinda got on top of me and I'm so feed up with my crappy job that I just didnt feel very inspired to write. But it's a new year, I have a new outlook, a new challenge and some new drive to keep going!
I would love to do a swap with you, just drop me your size details etc and we can work out some rules!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Frozen Fashion said...

Miki:)

You are jewel!

Your friends and family will miss you so.


♥♥

Ciao Ciao Bella Donna

Check out my Give Away @
http://hotfreezingfashion.blogspot.com/
Sharing Lots of Love n Fun!
♥♥

Lindsey said...

Those letters look so adorable, how thoughtful! Woah, I totally forgot about that movie, it's been so long since I've seen it. I don't remember much, except that I did like it and that house was AWESOME.

Audrey (hkittygirl) said...

That's so sweet of you! I bet they'll love receiving those! ^-^

Rosie said...

thats such a beautiful idea!! thats soo sweet of you :)
the letters look so cute <3
also, that film is awesome, some reviewers are just snobs :)
-Rosie x

Hello Naka said...

this is so cute ^^ i think ur really creative ^^ i think ur friends and family will really appreciate it too :)

Eva said...

I just discovered your blog (through your post over at Eat Drink Chic) and I'm really liking what I see so far!
This movie was great and this idea is awesome! I should have done something similar when I moved! That's a super nice and personal thing to share with your friends. (Not to mention it looks so pretty; I'd hang it on my fridge!)

Eva said...

I just discovered your blog (through your post over at Eat Drink Chic) and I'm really liking what I see so far!
This movie was great and this idea is awesome! I should have done something similar when I moved! That's a super nice and personal thing to share with your friends. (Not to mention it looks so pretty; I'd hang it on my fridge!)

Giovanna&Roberta said...

I dear! Check out/FOLLOW our blog http://www.cromanticamente.blogspot.com/ to see lovely handmade italian creation!
Thanks,
Roberta&Giovanna

amy lapi said...

these are so rdiculously adorable! if i found this in my mailbox i would scream out in glee.

i'm so glad to stumble upon your spot-- thanks for leaving me a comment so i could pop by! :)

Sweet T. said...

Miki, I love this! You have to be sure to send me your new contact info so I can send you a house warming gift. =) I have a good idea of what I want to give you already.

PS: Abuelita is just what we call a Spanish style hot chocolate, I guess. I put coffee and spices in mine. It really just looks like a tacky U.S. brand that uses a picture of an old lady to market their cocoa. =)

choco.pop said...

Those are lovely, really. I was just thinking that you're gonna miss Buenos Aires a lot, but the people here will miss you even more.
Nos vemos el viernes :3 me acabo de acordar que te tengo que responder el mail que me mandaste XD I'm a dissasssssterrrr~

Michelle said...

Oh, what a lovely idea!! *Much* sweeter than a mass goodbye e-mail! :) You're so thoughtful!

Chrissy said...

First of all...I LOVE the movie The Lake House! I have seen it so often, I don't even know how often! It's like a modern fairy tale and don't we all need miracles?

Second...I love those handmade info cards you made for your loved ones! I love the personal touch! And, I know how hard it is to leave them all behind while you are up for new adventures! Good luck sweet friend!

Hugs xxx

piEye Design said...

I LOVE THESE! Anything mildly post related gets me all excited to be honest but these are truly lush. You left me a really nice comment on my blog a while back and I forgot to say thank you...so, Thankooooo :-D x

Nena Nadine said...

Much better then a email. They'll definitely miss you.

Anonymous said...

that is definitely what I was searching for, You have saved me alot of time