navinavi

January 14, 2011

Movie task: Happy-Go-Lucky


This week's movie task is going to sound a bit forced, but believe me, it's so not! I had a different movie in mind, but I realized that I had to talk about it today. I was going to feature Happy-Go-Lucky eventually, anyways; it’s one of my favorite movies ever. It might not be a masterpiece, but I LOVE it! And I love Poppy, the leading character played by Sally Hawkins.

I saw this movie for the first time while I was on my way to Los Angeles and I immediately fell in love with it. It’s perky, bubbly, colorful and funny; and, who doesn’t need those four adjectives in their life? Right? ;) I chose it because today I met a fellow blogger, Analia. She makes the cutest accessories (available here)! We met because I won her giveaway and she wanted to deliver the goodies in person, which, I thought, was a wonderful idea.

The second I opened the paper bags I realized that they’d totally suit Poppy’s personality! That’s the first thought that came to my mind.



Later on, she told me that her husband likes Kate Nash … her song, Merry, Happy is in the American trailer of Happy-Go-Lucky!


AND, yes, there’s a third fact, we were supposed to meet for breakfast at Felicidad (the Spanish term for “happiness”). See? I was bound to feature this movie today ;).

By the way, we met at Felicidad but it was closed because they were remodelling, grrrr! We found another nice café, which was nowhere as cute as Felicidad, but we made it up with a good chat :).




Make sure you check her Etsy shop! And don't be shy, go over to her blog to say hi! ;D She's super friendly and fun. THANK YOU, ANALIA! I had a great time today!



5 comments:

Hello Naka said...

oh i need to go out more ^^ i miss going out with my friends XD

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh, how fun! And this movie is fantastic!!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Oh you won some cute little things! I have yet to see the film although I currently have a copy in the flat so will get around to it when I have the chance. We are total movie buffs in this flat, you wouldnt even believe how many DVD's we own, its shocking! lol.

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

choco.pop said...

I spent a wonderful time with you Miki!

Me hace muy feliz que hayamos podido encontrarnos ^^ aunque no haya sido Felicidad, Chicha estaba bastante bien, pero la verdad que aunque hubieramos ido a la plaza la hubiera pasado bien igual, me diverti muchisimo~!

Ah ;_; muchas, muchas gracias!
Choco

Dorothy Explor'r said...

fun! wish i lived in a more populated area where the odds of other bloggers within my proximity was larger.

definitely will look into happy go lucky, though!