navinavi

January 29, 2011

Movie task: Garden State

I don’t know how to start this post, because to be quite honest with you, I haven’t done anything special this week. The reason why I’m still writing this is because it’s my last Movie task from Buenos Aires and there are so many images and feelings involved in this movie that I can relate to right now, that is impossible for me not to go ahead with it.

This is one of my favorite films ever and yes, I totally recommend watching it, if you still haven’t. I remember that I rented it because I used to love Zach Braff and I needed to see what story he’d written and how good of a director he was. After seeing it, I loved him even more. How can you not love a person who describes such normal characters so well and is intrepid enough to add hilarious humor to this drama only to make the film even more real and blunt?


As for how this film relates to me, well, at this point of my life I no longer feel lonely as Andrew (Zach’s character) in the beginning of the movie, but I certainly did feel like that in my teenage years. I share that feeling of being detached in parties and social events (which, as most of you know, I don’t care much about). I’ve spent some time in airports crying and saying goodbye. I’ve buried most of my pets in my garden just like Sam (Natalie Portman’s character). God, I can’t even tell you how I absolutely sympathize with Andrew when he says that the idea of home is gone! When my mom passed away, my home disappeared with her; my house is now a place where I dwell, but the concept of home has been deleted from my mind and heart. I’m confident that side of me will be healed once I start a new life with David and eventually make a family, but right now, I feel I’m dangling.


Oh, I have the feeling I made this paragraph sound sad and tragic, but don’t get me wrong; it’s the opposite. I’m super happy to start a new life and I look forward to making my new house my home. Great times are coming just like at the end of the movie :D.




Go ahead and watch Garden State! You'll enjoy the story and its soundtrack ;).
By the way, its trailer is probably the best one I've ever seen.


12 comments:

Lauren said...

Gonna rent it tomorrow, thank you!

Chrissy said...

Love the trailer - will rent it asap!
Love this post - love your words - love what you mean!
You are so special! I can only imagine how it feels to lose your mom...so sorry...
And - I am so happy for you and your new life! It will be fabulous! It will be home!
Hugs xxx

Devi Pope said...

Hehe! =D

Oh, and Chrissy's absolutely right. =P

Anonymous said...

You have "home" waiting for you here. I hope this house allows you to feel settled. If it doesn't, then we'll keep searching till you do.

Devi Pope said...

P.S. I'M Anonymous. Haha!

ShopeDelano said...

Oh love the trailer! I definitley need to watch it! :)

-Shope
http://londonscloset.blogspot.com
xoxo

mangocheeks said...

Its one of my favourite movies too.

TheMadTwins said...

this trailer is so good!!!
I'm certainly going to watch it! The soundtrack is indeed nice too!
thank you for posting this!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Garden State is a great film! Are you excited yet? You'll be in America super soon!!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Jazzy E (hivennn) said...

Amazing. x hivennn p.s enter my double vintage camera giveaway?

Gale said...

this is one of my favorite films ever! it was also shot in my hometown state of New Jersey. but besides that, i relate to it in many ways as well.

your words about it and how it relates to your life are heartwarming. i'm sure this new move and life is an exciting love-filled one that awaits you! exciiiting!!

looking forward to reading posts on it :)

Oh, My Darling said...

Seeing Garden State for the first time was sort of an epic experience for me. What a wonderful film!