navinavi

January 18, 2011

It finally dawned on me ...

I’m leaving in exactly two weeks, guys!!! February 1st is THE day :D. Am I ready? Mentally and emotionally, I am. Logistically and physically, I am so not! Help!



When I say physically I mean, for instance, that I still haven’t had my body waxed; or packed or … I don’t even know where to start telling you all the things that need to be done. I’ve started writing checklists and doing simple things such as gift shopping (fun, fun, fun!), washing some old clothes and going through books and stuff in general. Mind you, I’m leaving for good so I’m practically aiming at packing my whole life in … two suitcases? Well, not my whole life, but all the essentials. WHICH, among girls, we know is not just clothes, toiletries and books.

Oh, I should also mention that Dimitri, my cat, is traveling with me! :D Well, actually not on the same plane, but the same day. I’m so super happy to know we’ll be together in the States. I hope everything goes more than fine and he makes it there safely. Ok, sorry, but I’m not even thinking right now; I’m just speaking my mind through the keyboard. My heart started racing today when the idea of leaving finally sank in, and it hasn’t stopped since then.

I realized that I should have done things well in advance, but, oh, well, I've always been a big procrastinator. I don't even have proper bags, can you believe that? A while ago, I started collecting some things I knew I was taking with me in a broken suitcase. And, as you can see, things look pretty messy there. I haven't folded my clothes correctly and everything is ... just messy.


I might not have suitcases, but, hey! I do have a luggage tag! That's one of the first things I bought for the trip. Stupid, I know.


Ok, I think you've had enough of me today. I was planning to show you some of the things I'm bringing with me, but I'll post them some other day. I need to read some things for work and go to bed; I'm so sleepy! Sorry for rambling so much and thank you so much for being there ;D. I'm sure my life will come back to normal (a different normal, haha) soon ... I hope. I'll work on it. Sleep tight and dream the sweetness! (David used to say that :p)

8 comments:

Lillí said...

WOW! Two weeks? Are you serious? Let me know if there is anything I can help you with... it sounds odd but believe me, you might need help from (almost) strangers.

Devi Pope said...

=D This is gonna be the best year ever! Even if it's the worst, it'll still be the best, cause I'll have YOU here with me! =D

Oh, My Darling said...

Wow! Two weeks!? The time will fly by!

jamie said...

two weeks closer til you come to california!! well i wish i can give you some pointers about packing or whatever but i have never been on an airplane let alone travel somewhere further than 70 miles away from home. as i would say your suitcase looks pretty neat, lol. good luck! ttyl!

CocoCherie said...

That's awesome, you'll be in California in just two weeks. It's great Dimitri will be with you too. Good luck with all of your packing!

Rosie said...

oohh good luck!! <3
its lovely that your cat will be travelling on the same day too :))
-Rosie x

Laura said...

Miki, I can hardly believe that you are leaving in 2 weeks! I understand how it is to pack up everything one owns to move to a new place. Good wishes to you!
Glad Dimitri will be going with you. :)

Stefany said...

wow 2 weeks!! Good luck xx