navinavi

January 03, 2011

2011 has been great so far

Happy 2011, everybody! I feel I haven’t been here forever! I’d planned one more post to say goodbye to 2010, but I didn’t have time to use the computer. So let me recap on what’s been going on over here since my last post.

First and foremost, I got my visa on December 28th! :D That was the best news I could’ve gotten to wrap up 2010 and start the New Year with the best energy. My friend Val was waiting for me outside the US Embassy, so she was the first person to know I’d passed my final interview. We celebrated with a good meal in an Indian restaurant and later had tea in a lovely tea house in town; unfortunately, there are no pics, because I didn’t want to take my camera to the Embassy. I don’t know, I thought the security guards might find it a bit strange.  

As for New Year’s Day, we hosted a very small party at home with our closest family members. It was also a farewell party, but there were no tears, fortunately. It was a very happy day.

These are two of my cousins. We took these funny pictures because they like heavy metal music, hehe.



Yesterday, my sweet friend Corina and her family invited me to go to Tigre. They brought lots of food and surprised me with an awesome picnic for an early celebration of my birthday, which is today, by the way.


We had a good chat, ate lots of food and drank "mate". It was a hot day, but there was a cool breeze sponsored by the La Plata river, haha.




After lunch, we went to a huge market where they sell all kinds of crafts, wicker and wooden furniture, typical things from Argentina (i.e. leather goods, lots of horse-themed objects, "mate" sets), etc. I bought a couple of things for my future in-laws here, shhh ;).






I can't complain; it's been a great year so far :). Hope yours has been great, too! :D
I want to send you all the best vibes and energy so you can start working on accomplishing your goals! Thank you so much for being my friends; I love you! :D

7 comments:

Rose said...

Happy new year! And a big congrats on getting your visa.
Looks like you had a lovely birthday, how nice of your friends to give you a suprise picnic. And the markets look amazing! I love markets.

Rose

Lillí said...

Happy new year, happy birthday & congratulations! Phew... that's quite a lot to say in one comment. Lots of love to you, dear Miki. This is gonna be some year, uh?

Frozen Fashion said...

Happy Birthday Miki!

You and your cousins know how to live it up. Fun photo!

I am enjoying your sunny summer weather pictures.....Oh how I dream of summer.

Loving 2011 .... so far so good:)

♥♥

Ciao Ciao Bella Donna


Lots of Loving Give Away @
http://hotfreezingfashion.blogspot.com/

Chrissy said...

Happy Birthday sweet lady!!

Looks like the perfect day! Wish I would have been there as well!

Hugs xxx

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Miki! I guess I should say belated birthday ;). Lovely photos! Hope all is going well as you plan your move. :)

Oh, My Darling said...

Happiest of birthdays, Miki!!!! Looks like you've been having lots of fun already, hope today is a delight, too!

Chrissy said...

Hey Sweetie,
I just passed on the Trendy Blog Award! Go check it out on my blog!
Hugs xxx