navinavi

December 15, 2010

Weddology: not the typical wedding gown

Ever since I started looking into weddings, I've been running into gowns that most brides would probably not wear. I suppose the owners of the ones you're about to see here are one of a kind ladies who wanted to break out of the norm.

I'll start with my favorite of the bunch. When I first saw it, I thought it was cool and not crazy enough to make it to this post; but take a closer look at it, rusty metal pins and  leather belts are not commonly worn on the big day.  

I kind of like this outfit, too, but I don't think I'd choose it for my wedding day. It totally matches the groom's suit and the photo shoot in the snow, that's undeniable.




I've seen many brides wearing a white gown and a black belt or bow, but I haven't seen many who chose other colors to match their white dress. Here are a couple of examples.



Can you see the different colors underneath the tulle?



Some other brides are more extreme and don't wear white at all.




I don't think I'd wear any of these except for the first one. How about you?

5 comments:

黃愛玲 said...

I kept it simple with my wedding. I got married in Key West. I told my husband that I don't care about the wedding itself but rather, after the wedding. I wanted him to save his money so we can both travel. xD

Then again, I don't have a diamond ring. I have a ruby ring! How's that for not going traditional?

The first dress is quite lovely. =o)

Chrissy said...

Oh, I love all of those wonderful pictures!!

Frozen Fashion said...

OH WOW , this makes me want to get married all over again!


I love the 3rd dress, the white with the darker cream lace. Then she tops it with a elbow length veil! I think it is my favourite

But then


Princess dress with the colours peeping and peeking out from under the Tulle!

How Playful! How Fun!


Ciao
<3


check out my Great "Wool & The Gang" give away:)
http://hotfreezingfashion.blogspot.com/2010/12/hot-freezing-fashion-xd-kapok-give-away.html

Nena Nadine said...

I didn't wear white. I wore Champagne.

Oh, My Darling said...

Loving all these dresses with such personality to them!