navinavi

December 21, 2010

From Japan to Argentina

On Sunday, I met Val’s Japanese friend, Mariko and her husband, Ryota. Val has been friends with her for a long time but we’d never met due to geographical reasons. They decided to come to Argentina for their honeymoon, so I finally had the chance to spend some time with them. Here are a few pics of this encounter.


I joined them for tea at Croque Madame. The tea and scons were great, but the service was terrible and super slow.

We later drove them to their hotel and I took a pic of Val near the fireplace, which was off, of course; it's summer here.

We later had dinner at an all-you-can eat restaurant in Puerto Madero. We ate liks pigs and Val opened some cute gifts from Japan: sugar shaped like bunnies!

And typical biscuits wrapped in super cute packaging. Why are Japanese gifts so cute? I love doing shopping there :D. You can get the most original and beautiful souvenirs.

Why do I take pictures of food? I have no idea, but let me tell you, this tiramisu was delish, yum!

These are Val and me together with the newlyweds. I look mean, but believe me, I'm not, haha.


After dinner, we drove them back to their hotel and I took a couple of pictures as we drove away.


And before I leave, can you believe they didn't know me and still brought David and me a gift because we're getting married? That was SO nice and unnecessary! This is what we got.



We'll certainly have lots of sake (and alcohol in general) in these babies :).

Right now, they're in the south of Argentina. Hope you're having a great time, Mariko and Ryota! And hope you're all having a great week! It's a short one, people, so cheer up! ;)

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, all the Japanese people i've met have been really thoughtful. A friend bought my boyfriend and I similar tea cup set that is supposed to bring good luck and long love hehe :] And I love what I can see of your outfit!

Sarah said...

hey! you won the calendar giveaway on my blog. email me you address so i can have siska send out your prize :)
xosillygrrl@gmail.com

Giselle S. said...

OMG!!!!!.......I fell in love with the white bunnies ♥ ♥ ♥
Congrats for the new couple!! I hope they are having a beautiful honeymoon in Argentina :)
xoxo
G

Chrissy said...

How nice of them! Looks like you had a great time together! Love the pictures and your outfit is super-cute!

ferminadaza said...

Those bunnies are way too adorable!

cathyarv said...

A lot of people are traveling to Argentina because of its wonderful places,views and its tourist spots, here's a place where you could stay which is affordable and comfortable.


Lola House Botique Hotel