navinavi

November 26, 2010

Movie task: Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain


I’m sure that if I say Amelie Poulain, you’ll all know who I’m talking about. I love her so much and can’t get enough of her! I can watch this movie time after time and enjoy it as if I’d never seen it before. I’ve met lots of Amelie lovers as well as haters, but according to what I’ve seen in many blogs, most of you girls appear to love her just as much as I do :).

So, assuming you all know what the movie is about, I'll just move on to telling you what my weekly task consists of. Do you remember the part where Amelie breaks into Mr. Collignon's apartment in order to take revenge on him for being  mean to Lucien? No? Well, then the following video will help you remember.


She did several things to tease Mr. Collignon such as switching his slippers to a smaller size, changing the numbers recorded in his telephone, filling his cognac bottle with some disgusting liquid. No, I didn't break into any of my neighbors' house; I only stuck to the surprise factor in the things she did. My point was to tease people too but in a milder way. I wanted people to find things only to discover they were not what they'd thought they were. Too complicated to explain! But the pictures will speak for themselves.

I took four matchboxes and some confetti. I kept the matches and filled the boxes with the confetti.



I also grabbed two blue pens and two black pens, and switched their refills. So the ones which were supposed to have blue ink had black ink, and the other way around.




But of course this was not only about teasing people; I also wanted to cheer some other strangers up. That's why I prepared a few doilies with some positive messages.


And now you can see where I've dropped everything.













Have you made it this far? Well, before I leave I'll refer to a very old post of mine where I introduced myself the way they introduce the characters in Amelie. This is the post and this is what I said:

Miki likes ...
* daydreaming;
* baby talking to pets and telling them secrets;
* eating gummy bears, especially red ones;
* imagining she stars the videos of the songs she listens to;
* believing one day she'll see her mother again.

How would you introduce yourself if you were a character in this movie?


Hope you all have a great weekend! :D

9 comments:

Annebeth said...

lovely dress, very cute pictures!

I love Amelie too, she's just so pretty and quirky and the entire movie warms my old bitter heart.

if you have some spare time, check out my blog! I just did a post on my new LanvinxH&m dress!
http://stylingdutchman.blogspot.com

ABIGAIL NY said...

Very cute images and love the DIY type images!

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

What a great idea!
And I love your cute outfit!

Nena Nadine said...

I love Amelie and it's so cute what you did. Mischievous and fun.

I watched High Fidelity last Mon. It was 100% worth it just for the opening monologue. I must say I liked the main character but I never felt bad for him because he was such an ass. It was a fun watch. And Husband watched it with me! He's into record collecting right now so it makes sense.

Giselle Schwerdtfeger said...

About the task:
I would introduce myself this way:

Bonsoir, je m'apelle Giselle ^.^
Je travaille dans le monde de la lingerie. Je vis la mode comme mon travail et mon espace d'expression.
Quels sont mes obsessions? Puffff...Beaucoup!! :) Let's mention at least one:
*Toucher* les pailletes et les plumes tous le jours.....100 % plaisir ♥

Giselle Schwerdtfeger said...

Ahhhh....Please e-mail me to tell me where did you buy your dress... It's so cute :)

Rosie said...

great film, it makes me happy when i watch it!
also i love the 'positive messages' they would be brilliant to just come across randomly! x

Alexa Raye said...

This is such a cute idea! I especially love the dollies :)

ABIGAIL NY said...

Hey I'd love to see how that comes out, please send me a picture of how it looks on you! Turbans are for everyone!

Check out my review on a brand that's pretty cool!

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com