navinavi

November 02, 2010

Dimitri likes being anywhere ... but his bed

I haven't posted pictures of Dimitri in like forever! To most people he's just a plain black cat, like most stray black cats; but to me, he's a life companion, he's much more than a pet. I can't imagine my life without him! We've always had cats as pets and have loved them all dearly; but the truth is that Dimitri has a little something that no other cat I may have in the future will ever have: he is the last one my mom had the chance to meet :).

I wasn't going to bring him to the States with me because my dad loves him too and I didn't want him to suffer any more; I mean, he's already "losing" me. But then I realized that my dad can't take care of him (he's got cerebral palsy due to a stroke) and Dimitri needs special care (he has some kind kidney failure), so I came to the conclusion that taking him with me is the smartest and happiest choice. I know he knows I'm his "mother" so he'll be happier and better taken care of with me and David.

I'm scared to death, though, because I know it'll be a struggle to have him fly for 15 hours on a plane! :( So if you have any tips on how to transport an animal for such a long time, I'll appreciate it A LOT! Oh, and tips on how to help cats get acquainted, because Dimitri has a brother named Dante we'll meet when we get there!

On to the pics, now! So, as you can see, Dimitri likes being anywhere but his bed. I gave it away a long time ago because he would never ever sleep on it :/.






He only used his bed for a few minutes each time when he was a kitten.


My mom used to say he looked like a bat when he was a baby.

He kind of was! Look! Haha.

11 comments:

Marie said...

I totally lol'd at the last picture
I love my cats to death

Laura said...

Dimitri is a cutie! I love the photos of him curled up on the beanbag chair. :)

I'm sure a vet could give him some medication to relax him for the long journey. I know you'll be so happy to have him with you in California. :)

Naka said...

the last photo is so cute :3 awh i would love to have a cat :3

Nena Nadine said...

Ceiling cat! lol. What a q-t. My dog never slept in her bed either. Now we got a second dog and she uses it all the time. To each there own I guess.

Chrissy said...

He is so cute!! Love the last pic with him as a "bat'!!

Rose said...

Oh my goodness, I adore that final photo :)

Rose

Lindsey said...

Oh I want to meet him! His expression in the second to last photo is too adorable / hilarious haha. I want a cat, but it's a no go right now due to the dogs :[ Dimitri is such a cool name :]

Ashley said...

I would be so scared to put my kitty on a plane. I know when she gets in a car she says this "meow meow meow meow meow" nonstop! I hope all goes well!

CocoCherie said...

Cute kitty! I hope he does well on the plane.

Oh, My Darling said...

I chuckled at that last adorable picture of him!

Alexa Raye said...

What a cutie! I love that last picture! None of my cats ever sleep on the bed I bought them either.