navinavi

October 02, 2010

Bonus track

This week my boss called me to say she couldn’t make it to her classes in the country and asked me go. I was extremely happy to have the chance to go there one more time, so I accepted without any hesitation. One of my friends form the country had invited me to dinner with her and a couple of other girls so as to have a farewell dinner. She picked me up at the hotel at 9:30PM and we headed to the pub.

To my surprise, there were lots of my students and friends waiting for me to celebrate together! =D It was all a set up! My boss had asked me to fill in for her, just so that they could throw this party in my honor! I don’t like being the center of attention, but I had a blast and couldn’t have asked for a better way to say goodbye to these beautiful people. They also got me the most amazing gift: a leather photo album with lots of pictures of them so that I wouldn’t forget them (which, of course, I wasn’t going to!)

Here’s a look at the album and just a few of the pictures.


That blue thing is part of a trash can, haha.






I was determined not to get sad and cry. I built lots of happy memories with them and I know that life will reunite us some time in the future.
This was a party, I'm just turning to a new page in my life, but that doesn't mean that I'm leaving the people I love behind.
I know I'll keep in touch with them =).




I took a colorful garland, some doilies, but no cake or pastries.
Instead, I used the doilies to leave the hotel staff some thankful notes for having been so kind to me.

And I hid them in different places.






I finally got set ...
... and left.
I was nostalgic, but not sad.
There's a saying that says that when a door closes another one opens; I'm just closing one (or maybe just leaving it ajar) to open another one soon.
Happy times are coming! =D

 So long Saladillo! And thank you so much for so many happy adventures!





12 comments:

Marie said...

miki, this is so lovely

zuzi said...

ahhh this is so beautiful, honestly, I'm touched. if I were you, I would have cried so much!!! :D

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Aww thats so nice of them to throw you a surprise party! Looks like you had fun. Your new adventure will be even better though!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home
Daisy Dayz Day Zero Challenge

Ashley Sisk said...

What a wonderful going away party! When will your address change? I'm about to pull together my letter back to you.

perica said...

:) snif

Ashley said...

aww miki! This made me tear up. It is really bittersweet. On one hand you are so lucky to have met and spend time with such wonderful friends, but on the other... you have to leave them behind. I know amazing things lay a head of you and David though!

danniekate said...

this is such a cute idea! love the pics xx

Giselle Schwerdtfeger said...

Your boss and pupils are super and they love you a lot!! ♥

Alice said...

Check out the Cambridge Satchel Company!:)
It definitely worth the money.
xx, Alice from bells and whistles.

LillĂ­ said...

We have to get together before you leave!

Oh, My Darling said...

Aww, I admire your optimism in this post! Also, I just love the "thank you" doilies! I bet you brightened some days.

The Cookie Button said...

Aww, this is very sweet :)
Loving the bunting by the way!