navinavi

September 01, 2010

Weddology: Cinderella wedding party in BA

Before I start my weekly post about weddings, I want to thank Ashley for my new blog design! Isn't it absolutely pretty? I'm totally in love with it! =D Thank you SO much, Ashley!

Having said that, let's move on to the wedding post.

Without falling for the classis such as the Plaza and the Marriot, the perfect place in Buenos Aires city to throw a superb wedding party is the Faena Hotel. If you’re a local, you must have heard of it. If you have never been to BA, you might have been told about it. If you have no clue what I’m talking about, these pictures will give you an idea of how amazing this place is.
As some of you are aware, I’m going to get legally married in The US. Our plan is to have a small celebration with David’s closest friends and family; mine won’t be able to go, except for my best friend Val, yay! She’s the only one who has confirmed her attendance so far. My dream is to come to Buenos Aires later, whenever we can afford it, to have the religious ceremony and a party with my family and friends. Of course I’m not going to have it thrown at the Faena, but let’s dream about the possibility for a few seconds; would you join me on this imaginary journey?



These are the photos I found under “Weddings and events”.









The hotel has different areas and restaurants. I wouldn’t mind having my wedding in any of them.
This is the Bistro, its most famous restaurant. David and I peeked at it when we went to visit the hotel; it’s breath taking.


Its other restaurant, El Mercado, is being remodeled at the moment. This environment is also a special something, don’t you think?

There’s a bar called “El Cabaret” …



… and a pool bar next to the pool, naturally …

… and a lovely library with a bar.

Phew! Do you know what? After going through all these pictures, I’ve come to the conclusion that I wouldn’t book this place even if I could afford it. It’s too much and I would probably not fill half of it, haha. There’s another fancy (and smaller) building I have my eye on, but I’ll leave it for another post. This last one might not be as impossible as I believe it is; so who knows … =).

All the pictures belong to http://www.faenahotelanduniverse.com/

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Just read about your blog makeover over at Ashley's blog -- congrats, it looks great!!!

perica said...

ah me gusta el nuevo template!

hiven said...

lovely
x

Kim-Anh Nguyen Art said...

love the new blog design!!! Ashley is awesome!!!
btw i will put your new button, love it!

Devi Pope said...

That place is SO awesome. I didn't even realize it had that many different areas. I would love to get a drink at the bar in the library next time we go! The new blog layout looks great as well! She did a really good job on it. =D

Ashley said...

What an amazing place! It is so saturated with color! Beautiful.