navinavi

September 26, 2010

Sunday breakfast at Helena Resto

Unlike most Sunday mornings, today I woke up early and invited my sister to have breakfast at Helena Resto, a cool place I’d visited once earlier this year. I love this place because it’s comfortable, the menu is great (especially for breakfast, light snacks and pastries) and the prices are very reasonable. Till 12PM and after 4PM, there are special combos which are particularly interesting.

It was pretty packed when we first got there, so we sat at a long table to share with strangers, but fortunately, we didn’t have to.
As we started reading the menu, I noticed that a live version of “Lazy Line Painter Jane” by Belle & Sebastian was playing! What a great welcoming tune! I asked the waiter who’d had the great idea to play that song by this band, but he never understood what the hell I was talking about, haha.
My sister ordered scrambled eggs and I got some super fluffy and yummy waffles (this was my very first time eating real waffles).

The deco is simple, kind of rustic, very welcoming.


Me wearing white? Yes, a very unusual Sunday.
(Love the color, I just don't think it suits me ok)





Bathroom pics (can't help myself).

You can get condoms here.
There are lots and lots of magazines to read next to the window.

After such a good breakfast, we started walking and window shopping.

Hope you're all having a great Sunday, too!

10 comments:

Giselle Schwerdtfeger said...

Delicious! :-)

Thera Joyce said...

Looks like you had fun Miki! That food looks delicious.

Flor said...

Qué lindo sitioooo!!! Peaceful.

Thera Joyce said...

hehe...yes the batman utility belt is printed right onto the shirt as well. I have a black skirt on with it so it does look like a dress. :)

Ashley said...

love that graffiti shot with your sis! lovely!

Naka said...

pretty phpotos i love ur eyeshadow ^^

Oh, My Darling said...

Yum, that breakfast looks great, and the restaurant seems cute, too!

milk overdose said...

cute place, it looks cozy. that waffle is making me feel hungry.

daisymay aka Chantele said...

What a cute looking place!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home
Daisy Dayz Day Zero Challenge

ZAPATOS CON ARTE said...

Mil disculpas por dejarte este comentario aquí,pero no halle tu correo para poder dejártelo en forma privada.
Me habías consultado por las ojotas torzadas de suela. Cuestan $99.
Hacemos envios a todo el país.
Cariños.
Sil