navinavi

September 14, 2010

A little disappointed

I’m not going to lie to you; today I am under the weather and a bit disappointed. I was supposed to have blood taken out and a thorax X-ray; these two together with lots of shots that I need to get and a medical check up were going to bring me closer to getting my visa. I already scheduled an appointment with one of the official doctors who work with the US Embassy in Argentina, but I truly don’t know if I’ll be able to get everything ready by then. In order to get my blood test, I needed to fast for 12 hours, no big deal, the problem was that I started having an unbearable headache (as I occasionally do) and had to take a pill for migraine, which, of course, I wasn’t allowed to take. Aside from that, I woke up with a bad cold, which totally prevented me from having the test done today.

I’ll go to the medical center again on Thursday, when, fingers crossed, I’ll be fit enough to be done with this. I still need to enquire about the availability of the vaccines that I need to get; there are 15 listed! God, I hope I already have most of them! And once I have the shots and the results of the blood test, I need to pass a medical check up. Yes, it's a never ending story ... I feel sick, helpless and I miss my mom; it always happens when I feel this way.

All right, I’m done rambling! And as I don't want to wrap this up in this mood, I'll cheer myself up (and hopefully, you, too) with some good music. Have you heard of a Scottish band called Pearl & The Puppets? Not only do I really enjoy their music, but I also love Katie Sutherland's style (that's the leading singer, by the way).

See what I mean? Her clothes, hair and make up are awesome.









All pictures taken from Pearl & The Puppets.

=)

7 comments:

ce said...

sweetie hang in there!!!
para las vacunas te recomiendo http://www.doctorestrovato.com.ar/
es el mejor lugar, y sí obvio que tenés la mayoría dada, son un par nomás las que restan!

relax, y trata de verlo todo como parte del proceso hacia algo hermoso!!
besotessss

Oh, My Darling said...

Awww, I hope things look up with your health!!!

pixelhazard said...

Wow things really weren't goign your way. I'll keep my fingers crossed it's only up from here

Bright Green Laces

zuzana said...

I seriously loved that song!!!! thanks for enriching me ;)

and...fingers crossed!

http://saladofmylife.blogspot.com

Miki's scrapbook said...

Thank you so much for the good wishes! =) I'm feeling better today.

Ashley said...

15!!! That is insane! You have to get a thorax xray to come to the states? what in the world is that? This seems crazy to me! Just sneak over here :)

Miki's scrapbook said...

I'd love to sneak over there and avoid getting any vaccines! =/ Haha. I guess they need to make sure I don't have cancer or any other big disease that could represent a burden to the US. I hope I'm healthy, hehe!