* I’ve met (through pictures, not in person; I’m not that cool, obviously) characters such as:
Alexa Chung. Cute girl; I like her style. Just wondering, is she the new Zooey Deschanel?
And Tennessee Thomas. Again, cute girl. Love her stockings.
* I noticed that there are lots of brands we don’t have down here that seem to be huge in their home countries, such as Steve Madden, Forever 21, Top Shop, H&M.
* I finally discovered the name of the program (or website) which lets you jumble up your favorite outfit; that’s Polyvore, I’m sure you’d all heard about it before I did. I created an account, but gave up on it 2 minutes after I got it because I couldn’t find any of my favorite independent designers, haha.
* Most of the blogs I’ve read and (usually read) are in English, so I’ve picked up lots of cool words, which, to my surprise, were repeatedly used by different bloggers: pet peeve, oblivion (this is a cool one!), touché (still not sure I can get its proper usage) … Damn it! I should’ve written them down.
* The suffix “_ish” is highly used (italicized because I’m not sure it fits the category of suffix in this case. I don’t want to bore you, but in words such as “Finnish”, “Spanish”, it is indeed a suffix). But truth to be told, I’d learnt this before thanks to David, hehe. (Addressing non-native speakers of English now) You can even use it to refer to the time! For example, “Nine-ish” would be “some time a little earlier or after 9”. I don’t think we have an equivalent in Spanish.
* I’ve never been good at spelling onomatopoeia in English, but “eek” and “whoa” will remain fresh in my mind for a while. They sound cute, but I can not picture myself saying them aloud. As a non-native speaker of English there are certain words I feel super shy saying: “hepatitis”, “hiatus” to name a couple.
Oh, what a piece of shit post! Haha! I feel as if I’d been thinking aloud the whole time, sorry. This wouldn’t have happened if I’d been having a face to face conversation; I don’t talk this much.
End of post.
Oops! I'd forgotten to name the source of the pictures!
Both found here.