navinavi

August 04, 2010

Weddology: DIY

Wednesday has arrived once again and so has my weekly post about weddings. This time, I’ve picked five DIY ideas that I love. They’re totally doable, yes, even for someone like moi, who can’t draw, paint or sew. I’m sure I’ll be putting some of them into practice.

1) Snap station featured in The Bride's Café
    Isn't it a great idea to offer different kinds of cameras so that the guests can portray moments of the wedding themselves? It can be costly, but it might be worth it.






2) Photo booth wall featured in Ruffled blog
     For only 80 bucks you can make this nice looking wall.



3) Menu wheel featured in OnceWed
    I definitely love this menu! It's easy to make, it's cheap and, most importantly, it's very original.







4) Birdcage lanterns featured in The Bride's Café
    These ones may take a little longer and more skillful hands to make, but they still look super doable. You can hang them in trees, on the wall, pretty much everywhere.







5) How to tie a bowtie video featured in Utterly Engaged
    I don't know about you, but before seeing this, I'd never wondered how to tie a bowtie. I'm not sure David's planning to wear one, but this video is fun.

9 comments:

ce said...

lo de las cámaras lo podés hacer con descartables, que en una época se usaba mucho.
por ahi colgandoles algún cartelito que aclare que pedís que saquen fotos y te las dejen antes de irse o something like that.
el tema de los pajaritos es cute, pero creo que no los elegiría enjaulados!!!!

como siempre, very cute and fun ideas! :-)

Lune Vintage said...

kind of makes me want to have a wedding re-do! I think that camera idea could easily be used in lots of party situations though. Thanks for always visiting Lune Mika, I love seeing your comments, they brighten my day!

love Jill

Ashley said...

Miki! I hope you really use all these ideas, your wedding will be so beautiful!

Kaylovesvintage said...

so many cool ideas,lov it

Ashley Sisk said...

Miki - hey! I just wanted to come over and introduce myself after getting Melissa's email. I'm now your newest follower and penpal and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you. It looks like you're doing some really creative stuff over here so I am excited to start this exchange with you. Have a great one and come over to see me if you have a chance: http//ashleysisk.blogspot.com

{eleise} said...

These are great! I really love the photo station!

TILDITA said...

http://www.tulyflores.com/
En ese blog, montones de cosas para la wedding!
=)

perica said...

hola miki, me recomendó tu blog marie, y ahora hago lo propio en mi blog. estoy facinada con tus posts!!!.

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Strangely I looked at both those first options before the wedding. And the brides cafe ones! They are so fun, just didnt think I could manage to do anymore for our wedding. We had a sweet buffet though. Daisy Dayz Home