navinavi

August 29, 2010

Argentine/Indian/French weekend

Ah! So I finally have the chance to sit in front of a computer without rush! It’s been a couple of hasty but cool days with lots of fun action.

 To start with, there are some photos I took in Saladillo. This was a different week in the country, since my boss and I only had to work a day and a half due to the company’s cattle auction, which is held on a yearly basis. The event was opened with an awesome barbecue for 550 guests. I was so focused on the beef and salad that I totally forgot to take pics! It was the best barbecue I’ve ever had.

 After lunch, I went outside to take a look at the corrals. There were many farmers analyzing the cattle’s specifications.

This was my favorite corral; these calves were so cute! They were not auctioned.

Mind you, these cows and bulls are pure breed to be crossed with others. They won’t go to the slaughterhouse.




Today, I met my friend Ceci and walked round San Telmo, a neighborhood that is known for its antique stores and fairs, and over the past few years, the number of independent designers has been populating the area at a quite accelerating rate. It’s very common in Buenos Aires city to see the old living with the modern in perfect harmony.






Every time I go to San Telmo, I can’t help entering into Cualquier Verdura, and today was no exception.
It’s an old house which was turned into a store. The cool thing about it is that they respected the architecture of the house and placed the vintage and new items they sell in the actual rooms (i.e. toiletries in the bathroom, utensils in the kitchen, furniture in the living room and so on).




I tried on this lovely vintage dress, but unfortunately it was too small for me.

I loved this independent designers’ store I hadn’t seen before.

Later tonight, I met Val. We were going to my favorite French pub, La Cigale, which re-opened last week, but for some strange reason, they were close today! We ended up going to an Indian restaurant that was nearby.

I had Kashmiri Roganjosh, yummy!

Here's Val showing you some nans, hehe.

After that, we went to a French pub, Le Bar, for some drinks and played with the candles.


I still have no plans for tomorrow, who knows what I’ll do? But I have the feeling it’ll be a good day, too =).

It's amost 5AM; time to go to bed! Nite, nite, everybody! ... or good morning!

8 comments:

Shibby said...

Those calves are so cute =)

That's such a cool shop! Looks like you've had lots of fun :)

Marie said...

I have to confess I live in San Telmo and had passed in front of that shop many times but never walked in, shame on me

Miki's scrapbook said...

Hi, Marie! Do walk in! It's a delight to the eyes and the employees are kind. They never said anything about my taking pictures in the store.

Have a nice Sunday! =)

Ashley Sisk said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time and through your photos...I feel like I've been right there with you. Have a great week!

practice makes pleasant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

ahhh! sorry I did that ^ I was signed under the wrong name. I am very jealous of all the great places you have access to.

hiven said...

lovely
x

milk overdose said...

it looks like you're having an amazing time around there! what a nice store, cool pixelated toys and stuff..and vintage itens too! so many things to see :)