navinavi

August 11, 2010

7 facts about me

Sweet Chantele from http://daisymay-dayz.blogspot.com/  has passed the “Versatile Blogger Award” to me and taking it implies telling you 7 facts about me. So, here I go …


About me & my family: My name is Miki; it’s not a nickname, as many people in Argentina believe. My mom passed away two years ago quite suddenly and my dad had a stroke 6 years ago which affected his motor function and speech (he can hadly speak). Nonetheless, I’m a very happy lady and consider myself very lucky. So, don’t feel sorry for me; shit happens … to everybody.

 About my <3: I met my fiancé, David, on MySpace. We’ve had a long distance relationship for three years and I’m now about to get married and move to California.

About fashion: I love to buy clothes and accessories from independent designers and flea markets. I choose items that are owned by the fewest people possible; I know that sometimes I overpay for that, but I’d rather have something that is valuable for its uniqueness. I also tend to get items that are quite childish.

About music: I love music in general and indie pop and Britpop in particular, e.g. Belle & Sebastian (Scotland), Kings of Convenience (Norway) and Camera Obscura (Scotland). These are not popular in this country, but quite a few Argentinians have heard of them and know one or two songs by these bands only they usually don’t know that those songs were by those bands. An example of this is “Boat Behind” by Kings of Convenience. I’m sure lots of people are familiar with it but have no idea who performs it.
By the way, I love Erlend Oye’s cute look with his nerdy glasses. I hate myself for having missed Erlend’s concert in Buenos Aires =(.

About food & drinks: I prefer pubs, restaurants and cafés that are not chains. Fortunately, they’re the norm in this country. One of my goals before I leave is to visit as many different bars and cafés as I can. These ones are some of my newest favorite cafés in town.

About the showbiz: I pay particular attention to female actresses when I watch TV series and movies; to their style, their clothes and the way they speak. Lizzy Kaplan (The Class, Party Down) and Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg, etc) are among my favorite ones.
Pics of Lizzy Kaplan


About my dark side: I got so used to being looked down on and picked at during my teenage years that I am now too aware of the way people look at me. I guess it’s all in my head; I mean, I’ve been subject to discrimination and shit, but I’m sure people don’t mean to look at me in a mean way as much as I believe they do.

I hope this wasn’t too boring to read!
But now, I am supposed to pass this award on to 10 other bloggers; so these are the ones I’ve chosen:

Thank you, Chantele!

5 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Hey, I wanted to let you know to keep an eye out for your first letter from me. And you'll have to let us know when your address changes. :)

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Hey Thanks for the link in. I love your facts, their really interesting and definitely show us more about the real you. Moving from Argentina to California is a big step, bet your excited! Daisy Dayz Home

Thera Joyce said...

Thanks for the blog award lady! I loved reading about you. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Thera Joyce

Kim-Anh Nguyen ART said...

Thanx for the blog award ! I already receive it the past few month but I never post it on my blog because i don't really know what interesting about me...my life is quit boring...hahaha

jamilah said...

aww... thanks for the link! Sorry so delayed, just started back at work... it was nice reading about & (kind of meeting) you =) that's nice of you to share a little about yourself... happy friday!