navinavi

July 17, 2010

And the Oscar goes to …

I like hiding little surprises in public places for strangers to find. However, this time I wanted to give something to people I love and in person. I ran into these tacky replicas of the Academy Awards and just couldn’t help buying a few. I thought it was a nice idea to reward some of my loved ones for different reasons with these funny statues.


The Oscar for “funnest” person ever goes to …
Cheli!
She’s one of those people who change your life. I met her not so long ago, but love her as if I’d known her forever. She’s one of the people I see every Thursday and Friday in the country. Aside from being super fun, she’s a wonderful person with the sweetest heart. She doesn’t know how great she is and how much she livens up our lives, but I really hope she does one day. She has the wackiest ideas and sometimes it’s hard to tell whether she’s joking or being serious. I love her for being the way she is and thank God for having put her on my way.


This Oscar is meant to reward one of my elementary students for trying hard not to speak Spanish in class, being always on time and doing homework. And the winner is …
Darío!
He’s a great student who manages to communicate ideas in English very well even though he’s an elementary student. He started taking classes with me a year ago and has made great progress since then. I usually punish them when they speak Spanish, but this time I rewarded one for not having spoken that language. The statue came with a big chocolate bar, by the way.

 
The Oscar for “best sista eva” goes to …
Noe!
She’s the only sibling I have but she’s worth 10. We used to fight big time when we were kids and I never felt she was “my friend” … until the day my mom got really sick and later passed away, that is. One “good” thing about my mom’s death is that it has brought us closer together. I can’t imagine living without her, she makes my life so much easier!

  
And finally, the Oscar for strongest person ever is for …
My dad!
He’s been through so much! First, he got a stroke which has prevented him from working, and speaking and moving like a normal person. And then, he lost his wife. I can’t imagine how hard it must be to live his life every day, and yet, he always tries to find a reason to smile and enjoy every little, simple thing. I lose it at times because I’m not patient enough, which is absolutely unfair to him. He definitely deserves more from me.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

this is so cute! Looks like you have a lot of wonderful people in your life.
<3

Virginia Sar said...

Que lindo debe ser que te elijan para un oscar! Se nota que queres mucho a todos los ganadores. Yo tambien quisiera uno!
bs

Giselle said...

How fine it is to meet your pupils! And how good it is to know you have such a wonderful people by your side :-) An oscar to your post!

Miki's scrapbook said...

Awe, thank you all so much! I don't have many friends or people around me, but I love them all to death. I'm a very lucky person to have them :).

Corina said...

What a creative idea Miki :) and congratulations to all the winners!!