navinavi

June 22, 2010

Paper clothes

This month has been tougher than others in terms of how much money I needed to spend on bills. I couldn’t waste much money on more interesting things such as clothes, accessories and other absolutely unnecessary things that make me happy (I don’t consider myself a materialistic person, but let’s face it: I work to earn my living but I also like pampering myself a bit). The other day, I realized that lots of other girls may be in my same situation especially this time of the month; so I had a little idea.


A few weeks ago, I was bored all alone in my hotel room in the countryside. I had one of my favorite magazines and as I flicked through its pages, I thought I could cut the little pieces of clothing and leave them as gifts for those girls who, like me, can’t afford to buy as many clothes as they’d like to.

I’ve cut lots and lots of items!

Once back home, I prepared a few envelopes and came up with some cool outfits.


I left a “rope” in the closet in my hotel room last Friday.
I left an envelope at my neighbor’s door.
I dropped a few envelopes in a nice café.






I hid a couple more in magazines in a restaurant.



I left a “mini closet” on the sink in its restroom.
And I hid the last envelope in the towel dispenser.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

cute! It would make my day to find one of your envelopes!

babalisme said...

Great idea on recycling with, along the way making ourselves and random passer-by happy, with such a little cost. I would definitely be a happy stranger finding those!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

That is so darn cute! I would love to find one of those!

Miki's scrapbook said...

Awe, I wish I could make them reach you!

Giovanna ♥ said...

Such a cute idea!! Thanks a lot for the honest and sweet comment on my gypsy post, I'm glad you liked it and found it inspiring. You have an adorable blog :)
Sending you love and hugs,
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

kelly ann said...

this is so so so cute :) i love random acts of kindness like this... i bet every single person who found one smiled!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

I am so gonna have to try this. did you put your blog address on them too? So they could kinda find you, that would be fun. I have thought about leaving stuff places like this before, but never thought of little clothes! so cute! Daisy Dayz Home