navinavi

June 19, 2010

Musical cupcakes

Music and eating are probably two of my top 5 favorite things to do. The other three would be traveling, clothes and having fun with the people I love. I decided to combine the former two in these funny looking “musical cupcakes”. Why musical? Well, because the “icing” was made with cardboard strips where I wrote parts of my favorite lyrics. I was going to write lots of different songs I love, but I decided to stick to my two favorite independent bands; I figured it was a good way to promote them, “to spread the word” my favorite indie bands have written, haha. Those two bands are: Belle & Sebastian from Scotland and Isol/Zypce from my homeland, Argentina.




Of course, the point was to make them and later drop them in public places so strangers would find them and enjoy them.

Do you wanna make them yourself? Here’s the recipe!
Ingredients:
• baking cups

• wool

• cardboard

• markers

• and most importantly, lots of good music!

Method:


• cut long strips of wool

• put the strings in the baking cups

• while the dough (the wool, that is) is baking, select parts of your favorite lyrics

• cut cardboard strings you’ll later use as the icing of your cupcakes

• write the lyrics or parts of the lyrics you’ve chosen on the cardboard strips

• twirl the cardboard strips, put them on top of your cupcakes and that’s it! They’re ready to be delivered and enjoyed!



These are the places where I’ve dropped them:
In a fitting room in an independent clothing store
On the table in a coffee store

In its restroom
In another coffee store
At Starbucks
In my hotel room this week in the country


6 comments:

Isol said...

Hermoso poema para el paladar! Qué honor, Miki! Lo pongo en mi FB, besos grandes

Miki's scrapbook said...

Awe! Què emociòn, Isol! Gracias. Abrazo fuerte y nos vemos el 4 de julio. Can't wait!

justinee said...

Oh my gosh! this is so cute!!!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

How cute is that!? What a darling idea!

milk overdose said...

hi miki! what a cool idea for a cupcake, especially with a belle & sebastian lyric on it <3

thanks a lot for passing by my blog! have a nice week!

cheers from brazil! xo

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

that is such a ridiculously cute idea!!
if you want to exchange any shoe suggestions, email me: whatwouldanerdwear@gmail.com!