navinavi

June 01, 2010

Food and music

This past Saturday I didn’t have access to a computer or the internet; it was rainy, so I didn’t even leave the house. On top of it, my dining room TV broke down, so I couldn’t watch movies or The Office or The Whitest Kids U’Know =(. So, what did I do? I cooked and listened to good music =). Oh, and drank lots of cups of my favorite green tea: “Geinmaicha”!

My dad had a stroke 6 years ago, so my sister and I have to take care of him and cook his meals. We usually try to cook as much food as we can at the weekend, so we don’t have to worry about it during the week. This time I cooked a few meals, which are now in the freezer and I took a couple of pictures of the first two dishes I made.

 
Chicken soup with rice + colorful spaghetti with chicken

Ingredients:
• Chicken legs
• Leek
• Rice
• Salt
• Colorful spaghetti
• Seasonings: pepper, ginger
• Soy sauce
• Water

Chicken soup
Method
• Remove skin form chicken legs.
• Chop the leek.
• Boil water, when it has reached its boiling point; add the skinless chicken legs and the leek. If you want to add some extra flavor, you may add two Knorr cubes.
• Cook for at least half an hour.
• In the meantime, cook the rice in a rice cooker. If you use a cup of rice, you should add one cup and a half of water.
• Once everything is ready, pour the soup and the chicken legs in a big bowl and the rice in a small bowl.

Colorful spaghetti with rice
Method
• Take one or two chicken legs (the ones you made the soup with) and remove the bones.
• Cut the chicken into strips or small pieces.
• Boil water in a pan to cook the spaghetti and add some salt and a little oil. Add the pasta once the water starts boiling and stir the pasta from time to time. Boil the pasta for about 8 minutes.
• Heat a wok and once it’s super hot, stir-fry the pieces of chicken with a little oil and some say sauce.
• Once the pasta is ready, drain it and then put in the wok. Stir fry with the chicken for a minute and serve the preparation in a bowl.


As for the music that helped me get inspired, hehe, I listened to lots of Belle & Sebastian, Travis, Kate Nash, Meiko, Odland and my favorite Argentinian bands: Isol/Zypce, Entre Rios and Francisco Bochatón.

No comments: