navinavi

May 25, 2010

Melissa + Vivienne Westwood

It was bound to be a success! I mean, does Vivienne Westwood need any introduction? Hello! And Melissa, well, I think nowadays everybody knows this Brazilian brand which makes plastic shoes. I remember that back in the nineties, I saw Claudia Schiffer on this side of the world promoting Melissa. It was weird, because even though those models were not particularly beautiful, I felt there was something special about them; maybe because of the fact that they reminded me of when I was a little girl and had a couple of plastic sandals, which I loved. Melissa has come a long way since then; many well-known designers have collaborated to create unique designs for this brand. Vivienne Westwood is their latest and probably greatest collaborator.

 
Unfortunately, I still haven’t been able to find her designs here in Argentina, but I’m sure they’ll be launched here in no time. In the meantime, I’ll keep wearing my pairs of Melissa by Alexander Hercovich, one of my favorite Brazilian designers.

These are some of my favorite shoes by Vivienne. Go check Melissa's website, I'm sure you'll find something you like.
http://www.melissa.com.br/








This is Melissa’s latest lookbook.

No comments: